Founded in 1992, the European Association AEERPA represents national architectural heritage restoration associations and unites individual restoration companies from all over Europe. It offers support and provides networking opportunities in order to maintain and enhance conservation-restoration skills and craftsmanship. To stimulate development and innovation in conservation restoration, the association organizes technical days, symposiums and other meetings. Transnational mobility is encouraged by facilitating the exchange of heritage restoration professionals from different companies in different countries. At the European level, AEERPA defends the interests of architectural heritage restoration companies and emphasizes the importance of conservation and restoration to safeguard the future of cultural heritage. The association is dedicated to show the architectural restoration sector can contribute to sustainable development because of the immovable character of built heritage. AEERPA also stresses the importance of the quality of restoration works in maintaining the cultural value of heritage sites. In this regard, extensive training opportunities in the diverse fields of restoration- conservation and recognition of professional restoration qualifications are indispensable.
The main aims of the association are:
- Contribute to the promotion and valorization of professions concerned with the conservation-restoration of architectural heritage.
- Take on actions within the field of vocational training
- To promote and actively encourage the exchange between professionals of member companies
- Safeguard the unique know-how of architectural heritage restoration professionals
- To represent and defend the restoration sector and its professions on a European level.